- I'm addicted - a lousy book is better than no book or a magazine or a newspaper
- I keep most books I buy - since I generally read the first few paragraphs of a book before I buy it, I seldom buy a book I wind up not liking - then again there's the books I get as gifts (some of those do get recycled)
- I re-read my favorite authors - of course I have to wait at least a year, because I remember the excellent characters and plots
- I NEVER bend the corners - sacrilege!
- I DO break the bindings - how else can a book feel comfortable in your hand?
- I do - sometimes - pencil in the margins, underline, or highlight - this is only with self-help and motivational books - NOT, God forbid, fiction
- I put address labels inside the front cover - don't ever borrow a book from me and not give it back!
There are probably some other weird things, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Oh, no, wait, there IS one more thing. My house contains 6 bookcases and I don't stack books in the traditional library method. I have so many books that the shelves have them stacked in piles two deep; the shop shelves have stacks so tall they're in danger of falling over. If you ever need to consider what kind of gift to get me: bookshelf - that's the thing. BEFORE I moved to Montana, I had WAY more books - I could only pack and fit 15 boxes of books in the moving van or else my husband would have divorced me. He got a hernia moving those boxes, I packed them so full.
Why don't you share some of your book pecadillos? Then I won't feel so weird...