Saturday, May 15, 2010

Honest Scrap Award

My blogging buddy, Bill Kirton, a writer who lives in Scotland and who hosts the blog, Living, Writing, and Other Stuff, has honored me with the Honest Scrap Award.  I'm told the award is given to bloggers who share honest information with their readers.  Considering the fact that my "honest" blog doesn't have the largest readership in blogdom, I am pondering the pros and cons of lying and telling tall-tales on the blog to acquire readership.  If I did that, however, I'd have to surrender the award.  What's a girl to do?

According to the rules of the Honest Scrap, I must present the award to 7 other bloggers.  Then, I have to share 10 HONEST things about myself.  I'll start with the 7 bloggers--that's far less boring and lots easier!


  1. Pets and Their Authors, hosted by Amigo, the Golden Retriever (he owns author Mayra Calvani)

  2. Riding With the Top Down, hosted by a number of authors:  Kylie Brant, Helen Brenna, Debra Dixon, Kathleen Eagle, Michele Hauf, Cindy Gerard, Lois Greiman, Betina Krahn, Susan Kay Law, and Christie Ridgeway

  3. Fact & Fiction, a local bookstore that does a tremendous amount of marketing on behalf of a number of authors, especially local authors

  4. Dennis N. Griffin, hosted by--you guessed it--Denny Griffin!


  5. SOAR's blog

  6. AniMeals' blog
How's that for a diverse group of blogs?  Well, I can honestly say I check them out on a regular basis.

Now, for the 10 honest things about myself.  It was tough coming up with 10 things that won't bore you to tears--and that's just MY opinion.  If I see my number of blog followers decrease, I guess I'll need to revisit the definition of boring, eh?

  1. I like spiders.  (What's not to like?  They eat mosquitos and flies.  Besides, remember how nice Charlotte was to Wilbur?)

  2. I don't have a favorite color, although most days I prefer either green or red.

  3. I don't have a favorite flower, either, although I love the fragrance of carnations and any flower with a daisy shape makes me smile.

  4. I have a wolf pack in my neighborhood.

  5. Once upon a time, I used to be young and cute.

  6. I'm very proud of my three children:  they're smart, and nice, and hard-workers.

  7. I'm a morning person.  Doesn't matter what time it is, if the sun's up, so am I.

  8. I'm a sucker for babies, dogs, and cats.

  9. It took me 30 years to appreciate, and like, my naturally curly hair.

  10. I fully intend to make the NYT bestseller list someday.
'Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Linda! We appreciate your support and hope that Grace is doing well with you!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete