Friday, April 22, 2011

Shepherd, German

Okay, so I continue to stretch the boundaries of appropriate topics for the letter of the day in the A to Z blogging challenge.

I really love German Shepherd dogs and decided to toss up a few photos I've accumulated from a bunch of e-mails over the years. (I also love Labrador Retrievers, Huskies, Rottweilers, and many other large breeds. Any type of dog, with a sweet, lovable, disposition--especially a mixed breed like my very own favorite puppy, Delaney--is okay by me.)

I don't know any of these dogs but I think they're gorgeous.

My first dog was a family dog my parents adopted: Prissy, who was half German Shepherd and half Husky.

My second dog was Gypsy, a purebred, long-haired German Shepherd (another of my parents' adoptees) and the most recent dog my husband and I adopted (8 years ago) was Charlotte, a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mix.

My husband has a customer who breeds German Shepherds and every once in a while I am required to visit the store to see a particularly gorgeous creature.

What breed of dog do you like ... and why?



1 comment:

  1. I like German Shepherd/Golden Retriever mixes. They're adorable, obedient, easy to train and very loyal.

    ReplyDelete