Friday, April 1, 2011

A to Z Challenge


April, my favorite month, has been chosen for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Nearly 1,000 bloggers have joined the challenge to blog every day in April (except for Sundays) and to use a different alphabet letter as their themes for the blog posts. (For more info, click here or click on the image at the top of the left sidebar.)

I've accepted the challenge on my Author Exchange Blog and will be focusing on themes pertaining to writers and authors over there. Here, however, I've decided to simply free associate and blog about whatever strikes my fancy ... based on the letter of the day, that is.

A is for April, which really is my favorite month. I'll have to tell you why some other time, however, because none of the reasons have to do with the letter "A." Sorry. (Not.)

A is also the shortest word in the English language, along with the word I which is a lovely subject but one that must also be discussed on another day.

Personally, the letter A has never been one of my favorites. First of all, it's a vowel and I prefer consonants. Secondly, it's not real exciting. How many riveting words can you think of that begin with A? I can't think of any.

What about A foods? Apples, apple brown betty, anise, anisette... That's it, I can't think of any more.

And the only A profession that springs to mind is Accountant. Not that accountants aren't necessary and even extremely helpful at times. But they don't inspire excitement in me ... unless it's April 14th and I'm in desperate need. Not exactly my favorite kind of excitement.

I guess And is a pretty good A word. It joins people and things and sentences. Although you're not supposed to begin sentences with and, I do it all the time. Probably because it's a good A word.

Oh ... wait! There IS a really good A word. An excellent A word, in fact. Unfortunately, it and its derivatives can't be used in polite company. But it's great to sit on.

1 comment:

  1. Happy A to Z, Linda. We're off to a good start, aren't we? Trouble is, we'll have to think of something beginning with B tomorrow :)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete